Custom Framing Specialist
In Mt. Laurel, New Jersey 08054 - US
TITLE: Custom Framing Specialist
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Custom Framing Specialist is responsible for managing our custom framing business and assisting customers with their custom framing needs. This position provides ideas and recommendations on ways to best frame artwork and photos. The Custom Framing Specialist is responsible for driving sales and other key performance metrics within the department. The Custom Framing Specialist will ensure operational standards are in place. This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. The Custom Framing Specialist impacts the company by satisfying our customers and driving repeat business. They accomplish this by creating individual relationships with each customer based on fully meeting and exceeding their framing needs. Specialists may work in multiple areas of the store during each shift. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by managing their concerns quickly and effectively.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy with a friendly demeanor and recover the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Communicate and drive marketing efforts to customers.
- Provide continuous communication to our customers throughout the sales process and when final product is delivered.
- Utilizes the Production Status Report to keep the customer appraised of the status of their order throughout the custom framing process.
- Build and develop relationships with local businesses, schools, hospitals, churches and other community groups.
- Stay current on industry trends and product knowledge.
- Demonstrate awareness of sales within respective department and takes action to improve department performance.
- Awareness over Designer and departmental performance related to average ticket component sales and department contribution. Takes action to improve performance.
- Demonstrate accuracy in order taking process.
- Thoroughly document the description and detailed condition of each item submitted for custom framing.
- Utilize artistic ability and Custom Framing camera and Total Package Design process to provide relevant frame, mat, fillet, and glass recommendations to create a design that meets the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Follow-up with Custom Framing helpdesk after reviewing the Production Status Report to update the status of orders.
- Responsible for the ready-made frame department of the store with maintenance/recovery, stocking, ad signage, and planner/planogram execution.
- Execute the company presentation standards in the frame shop.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Cross-train Team Members to assist in the Custom Framing Department.
- File appropriate paperwork as it relates to Custom Framing purchases.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the Store Visit Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit related to job function.
- Maintain compliance with the Framer on Demand Binder.
- Establish customer loyalty by performing follow up phone calls and sending “Thank You” cards to ensure that customers are satisfied with the products and services provided.
- Handle Customer’s artwork in a fashion to prevent damage or loss to company standards.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Employment Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for double checking all orders placed by other CFS to ensure accuracy of all orders taken.
- FT CFS Team Members may assist the management team with training other Team Members and helping to nurture their selling techniques and customer service skills to ensure their success and continued growth.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to accurately read a ruler or tape measure required.
- High energy level and positive attitude.
- Ability to pass the Custom Framing Training Program and Certification tests.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Artistic ability.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Previous Consultative selling a plus.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.