Operations SupervisorTITLE: Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for the supervision of the Team Members and processes at the front end of the store. The Team Member in this role will also oversee the functions associated with cash management. The Operations Supervisor is an entry-level supervisory position with Manager on Duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities. When the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager(s) are not present, the Supervisor is responsible for the entire store as an acting MOD. When not acting as MOD, the Operations Supervisor is solely responsible for supervising his/her dedicated area within the store. This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing and training for exceptional customer service.
- Manage high checkout speed and accuracy by ensuring adequate registers are open, lines are being managed, and break schedule does not contain gaps in coverage.
- Ensure all Team Members are coached to provide excellent service by smiling and saying “Thank You” during each register transaction.
- Perform advanced transactions such as price adjustments, refunds and exchanges.
- Answer telephones with standard A.C. Moore greeting.
- Trains and coaches all Team Members to drive reward card signups in order to meet company expectations.
- Conduct new Team Member on-boarding and register training/recertification.
- Supervise, oversee, and assist Team Members and Front End Specialists with Front End functions.
- Ensure that all maintenance and recovery standards are being followed per Standard Operating Procedures, specifically at the cash wrap area.
- Drive Gift Card sales to meet company expectations.
- Ensure product placement and displays reflect planner direction and front end planogram integrity; replenish as needed.
- Manages compliance of weekly Price Change activity to ensure completion.
- Ensure all Work Opportunity Tax Credit forms are sent to TALX within 30 days of the Team Member’s hire date.
- Order the front end area, office supplies, break room supplies and restroom materials within the defined supply budget.
- Perform timely cash reconciliation prior to store opening, counting cash register drawers and prepare tills to go into register.
- Track cash variances and report to General Manager.
- Handles all payroll responsibilities per Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate payroll reporting every week.
- Assist General Manager with writing the weekly store schedule for all Team Members.
- Responsible for entering weekly information on the attendance tracker for all Team Members and keeping the information up to date.
- Assist General Manager in writing Progressive Disciplinary Record (PDR) for Team Members who have cash variances and/or attendance violations, as needed.
- Maintain personnel files to HR Standard Operating Procedures.
- May assist GM with screening and interviewing potential candidates.
- Manage and approve petty cash decisions.
- Ensure proper filing of all store invoices.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the DM Store Expectations Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit related to job function.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adheres to deadlines as assigned by the company, the District Manager and/or the Natural Insight compliance tool.
- Utilize tact and confidentiality when performing all job functions.
- Must complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Training annually and Custom Framing certification required.
- While acting as Manager on Duty:
- Manage all sales floor operations and task activities.
- Manage Team Members effectively by ensuring they provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing feedback on performance.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing the GM/AGM with counseling/disciplinary recommendations.
- Accountable for opening and closing the building by carrying keys and a unique alarm code.
- Ensure that displays are filled and the store is recovered daily per company standards.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy.
- Communicate important topics to the entire store team through Huddle Meetings.
- Perform shift changes and cash counts as needed; perform cash pickups.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Previous cash handling or office management experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and engage customers.
- Previous A.C. Moore experience preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.