Logistics SupervisorTITLE: Logistics Supervisor
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Logistics Supervisor oversees freight flow to and from the building when not acting as Manager on Duty (MOD). This position is responsible for supervising the early morning (or overnight) crew. The Logistics Supervisor has a large audit responsibility and is expected to demonstrate proficiency in all Company policies and procedures. The Logistics Supervisor is an entry-level supervisory position with Manager on Duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities. When the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager(s) are not present, the Supervisor is responsible for the entire store as an acting MOD. When not acting as MOD, the Logistics Supervisor is responsible for supervising his/her dedicated area within the store. This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing and training for exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the entire stockroom and loading dock at all times. Ensure that freight cartons are staged within safety guidelines at all times in the stockroom and on the sales floor.
- Ensure that displays are filled by overseeing and prioritizing the stocking of product from deliveries, overstock, and understock bins.
- Ensure pack up of excess seasonal merchandise is executed per company standards.
- Document merchandise that comes in and out of the store per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handle damaged and defective vendor returns.
- Process credit activity, return to vendors and store transfers.
- Remove all cardboard/trash from the sales floor prior to opening of the store.
- Must be able to operate the baler and make bales as needed.
- Personally walks assigned side counters daily, corrects/refills outs to ensure in stock position and P.I. accuracy.
- Receive and process freight to the sales floor within stated goal of 24 hours.
- Monitor and communicate reoccurring out of stocks to General Manager.
- Supervise the early morning (overnight) crew and drive productivity and efficiency with truck process.
- Ensure that Team Members are practicing safety techniques while performing their jobs.
- Assumes merchandising responsibilities when not leading truck processing.
- Ensure product placement and displays reflect planner direction and planogram integrity and monitors Team Member performance during each truck to ensure consistency with this process. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Support advertising by verifying all sale signs are accurate and set.
- Ensure all merchandise in assigned areas is correctly priced with the appropriate label. Assists with price changes.
- Ensure markdown space is being managed effectively.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the DM Store Expectations Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit related to job function.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Training annually and Custom Framing certification required.
- While acting as Manager on Duty:
- Manage all sales floor operations and task activities.
- Manage Team Members effectively by ensuring they provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing feedback on performance.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing the GM/AGM with counseling/disciplinary recommendations.
- Accountable for opening and closing the building by carrying keys and a unique alarm code.
- Ensure that displays are filled and the store is recovered daily per company standards.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy.
- Communicate important topics to the entire store team through Huddle Meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to drive sales within the department.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and engage customers.
- Previous A.C. Moore experience preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely.
- Ability to operate cardboard baler and pallet jack.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.