Floral SpecialistTITLE: Floral Specialist
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Floral Specialist is responsible for managing our Floral business which includes pre-made products, designing new arrangements and production of custom orders. This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. This position provides ideas and inspiration for Floral product presentation within the department. The Floral Specialist is responsible for driving sales and other key performance metrics. The Floral Specialist will ensure operational standards are in place. Specialists may work in multiple areas of the store during each shift, therefore flexibility is key. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy with a friendly demeanor, and recover the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Communicate and drive marketing efforts to customers.
- Build and develop relationships with local businesses, schools, hospitals, churches and other community groups.
- Stay current on industry trends and product knowledge.
- Demonstrate awareness of sales within respective department and takes action to improve performance.
- Utilize creativity and artistic ability to design and produce special orders.
- Utilize creativity and artistic ability to design and produce custom floral designer made arrangements for retail sale.
- Reproduce/replenish designer made arrangements that have sold daily to drive sales.
- Ensure all custom floral designer made arrangements are sale priced and dated correctly.
- Design and produce arrangements to meet store specific production goals for each season by due dates.
- Produce custom bows per company directive.
- Responsible for stocking and ad signage in the pre-made Floral/Ribbon departments.
- Assist with placement of floral within the department and store based on seasonality.
- Communicate opportunity items and best sellers through appropriate channels.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Oversee, and assist Team Members who assemble floral products.
- Complete Finished Goods Process on a daily basis per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the design center is cleaned daily and is presentable to customers at all times.
- File appropriate paperwork as it relates to custom orders. Comply with A.C. Moore Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- High energy level and positive outlook.
- Strong communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience as a floral designer preferred.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Artistic ability to create saleable designer made arrangements.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Member must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.