Assistant General Manager (AGM)TITLE: Assistant General Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) assists the General Manager (GM) with managing the profit, merchandise, operations and Team Members at their assigned A.C. Moore location. The person in the role must display leadership that will create an exceptional environment for customers and Team Members and must lead by example in providing excellent customer service to drive an experience that exceeds customer expectations. The AGM looks for in-stock and merchandising opportunities by reviewing various reports. This position has knowledge of seasonal trends, industry trends, and the competitive market landscape. The AGM reviews the Profit & Loss line items and makes recommendations on ways to improve performance in his/her store. This position assists in executing advertising, profit management, and shrink reduction in the store. This position impacts the company by leading the store to success. When the General Manager is not present, the AGM is responsible for the entire store. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for creating a customer focused atmosphere in the store. Developing positive customer relations will set the standard for Team Members.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy by Team Members with a friendly demeanor, and recovering the store consistently to provide a positive shopping experience.
- Communicate and drive all corporate and store initiatives to Team Members via daily huddle meetings.
- Personally walks side counters daily to ensure in stock position and P.I. accuracy.
- Drive marketing and advertising by maximizing product displays and placement.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Manage the essential job functions of all positions within the store.
- Assist the GM in recruiting, developing, training, and retaining effective Team Members.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing constant feedback on performance.
- Develops Supervisor(s) to perpetuate strong AGM bench strength for the company.
- Responsible for payroll functions as needed.
- Ensure that displays are merchandised neatly with correct pricing and optimal planner placement within the store.
- Assists GM planning seasonal transitions and manages liability product sell through. Manages pack away process.
- Resolve performance issues.
- Foster an environment of high team member morale.
- Assist in the completion of fair and accurate performance and salary reviews.
- May oversee adequate and efficient scheduling of Team Members; serves as backup for payroll processing and/or ensuring overall payroll accuracy.
- Directly manages multiple supervisors and departments depending on volume.
- Promote and implement Fundraise with A.C. Moore program.
- Assist the GM with leading a business that involves planning, sales, and profit optimization.
- Assist the GM make recommendations based on the P&L for the store. Monitor sales, margin, and inventory.
- Assist the GM analyze and make recommendations based on reports of sales trends.
- Represent the company within the local community.
- Accountable for processing of freight from receipt to the sales floor within stated goal of 24 hours.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a store that is safe and clean according to company policy/procedure and OSHA/ADA standards.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all FLSA employment practices.
- Accountable for opening and closing the building by carrying keys and a unique alarm code.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the DM Store Expectations Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit.
- Delegate short-term and long-term tasks and ensure completion through follow-up.
- Adheres to deadlines as assigned by the company the General Manager, and/or the Natural Insight compliance tool.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in retail management or a combination of a college degree and retail experience is required.
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Understanding of retail sales, inventory, profit planning, and merchandising.
- Experience with store operations and loss prevention.
- Understanding of effective recruitment and training.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word experience required.
- Proficiency with POS and other systems used to manage retail sales, expense, and operations.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Consistent positive attitude when interacting with team, customers, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Takes accountability and ownership for his or her own actions.
- Ability to multitask while leading a team and working as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Ability to operate cardboard baler and pallet jack.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.