Activities SpecialistTITLE: Activities Specialist
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Activities Specialist is responsible for the success of A.C. Moore’s Classroom Program and sampling throughout the store. This Team Member must provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. The person in this role is responsible for teaching classes and driving revenue through increasing class enrollment. This position connects with the community and creates an environment of creative instruction and learning in the store. The Activities Specialist is also responsible for completing the calendar of classes available for customers on the A.C. Moore website. The Specialist has a unique talent and is dedicated to a specific function. Specialists may also work in multiple areas of the store during each shift. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy with a friendly demeanor, and recover the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Coordinate and may conduct “Make and Takes” and product demonstrations.
- Communicate and drive marketing efforts to Team Members and customers.
- Develop and participate in community outreach efforts of the store.
- Contact customers regarding class updates or cancellations.
- Drive sales by providing solutions to customers’ crafting needs through class instruction and promoting key products.
- Use product knowledge to suggest and up-sell merchandise to customers.
- Ensure inspiration for all displays per company directive.
- Create sample projects for merchandise throughout the store to inspire customers, as directed by the General Manager.
- Create displays that drive and prompt business.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Drive the sale of birthday parties and accompanying products for the activities.
- Ensure that classroom meets cleanliness standards at the conclusion of the class.
- Ensure that classroom is free of saleable merchandise.
- Ensure any “store use” and “classroom” merchandise is properly marked and removed from inventory.
- Promote classes and drive the participant enrollment for classes and generate repeat customers.
- Maintain enrollment levels month over month.
- Prepare classroom with adequate supply of product and other materials/tools.
- Coordinate the schedules for classes and special events.
- Create a monthly class schedule and submit it electronically for posting on the company website.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- High energy level and positive outlook.
- Strong planning and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Sound critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Computer skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.